Celebrating the Little Successes

This week, Dasha and I met with an EMU alum who also works in the fitness industry in Ann Arbor. I had reached out to him in order to learn more about his experiences, to hear about the fitness industry in Ann Arbor, and to hopefully get some advice about steps to take after graduation. Dasha and I were a little nervous, but our conversation with him ended up going very well! The three of us met for coffee, and we chatted for about an hour. He seems to love his job, and it was exciting to hear how a fellow EMU student went on to become successful after graduation. He mentioned that his career is incredibly rewarding because he is able to help real people, and that inspired me. At the end of our conversation, he mentioned that he would like to connect with the CEO of ShapeLog at some point in the future to do some networking with him, which was great to hear. I was so happy that the meeting went well, and I learned quite a bit from him. In the grand scheme of things, this was just a short meeting over coffee, but it's important to celebrate the small successes in day to day life! I was proud of Dasha and I for creating a new connection in our community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9: Wrapping Things Up

Hootsuite and Campaign Monitor Reviews

How to Pass the Google Analytics Certification Exam